Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hump day updates

Yea! updates actually on Hump day ~ score one for me!

Oh wait nothing much is happening maybe that's why I can do updates today!

Last Friday's track meet was good ~ W placed 2nd in the triple jump and jumped the long jump to reach 2 foot further than ever. Seems he changed the foot he jumps off of and got great results. He's excited for this week's track meet. It's closer so I'll be able to make it, at least for the triple jump. Field events start at 3:30 and G gets out of school at 3:15 so I miss the long jump.

I finally got our propane bottles filled so let the BBQ-ing begin. Well, it already did begin with KC Strip Steak on Sunday evening and dogs and burgers on Monday! Boy were they good and long over due!

Monday evening G and I worked in the yard, pruning the trees, cleaning up the dead stuff, fertilizing, and putting down some grass seed in the bare spots. All of this in anticipation of the thunderstorm that was suppose to arrive in the night! Well, that thunderstorm did come, waking us up with lighting, thunder and hail but no rain! I've got another chance for rain tonight ~ keeping my fingers crossed.

Last night G and I went to the city for his cub scout shirt. I had been putting that trip off until I had more to do in the city. With the cost of gas ($3.45 per gallon) I wanted to combined trips. We also stopped at the Library and Costco before coming home.

Tonight G and his fellow cub scouts are going to the local community center to watch the dress rehearsal of a play. There are lots of our friends in this play so that should be fun!

See not much going on here but you know that's a good thing!

No comments: