Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend recap

I must say that I wanted to post yesterday but W downloaded a movie for his ipod and it took 11 hours! I told him repeatedly that he messed up my blogging!

Saturday was a chilly, windy day! felt like winter. G had a birthday party to go to. When I delivered him to the party, the kids were out chasing geese, and there was a small pen of lambs baa-ing away. When I went back to pick him up I had to wait for the Ginny's to move out of the drive way, the same lambs were still baa-ing away. G had a great time ~ they jumped off hay bales. This is G's favorite thing to do here in the fall and he thought it was GREAT that this boy had hay bales all year round.

W spent the day in Madrigal competition again ~ this time the district finals. He was disappointed earlier in the week when he discovered that they couldn't sing "Tombur" in District (and then State) because they'd sung it last year. They all truly love singing that song and it shows. FYI ~ in competition groups are given a 1, 2, 3 etc. depending on what place the judges think you earned so there could be several "1s" or first place. Only the groups earning "1" move on to the State competition. The Madrigal group earned a 2 but Madrigal men earned a 1 and will move on to State at the end of the month.

I hurried home from TAXIing G to get supper. We were having the Missionaries over (I'd forgotten!) for supper. I served Roasted herbed Chicken, baked potatoes, broccoli, green salad, bread and dessert was Berries over angel food cake topped with whipped cream.


Recipe for
Roasted Herbed chicken
2 ~ 3 to 4 pound whole chicken *
1 Tablespoon fresh Thyme
1 Tablespoon fresh Rosemary
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 cup low sodium Chicken broth
1/2 cup onion slices
Preheat oven to 450
Place onion slices in bottom of shallow baking dish pour broth over onions, Coat chicken all over with herbs, salt and pepper and place in baking dish.
Place chicken in over and immediately turn oven temp down to 325.
Roast 20 minutes per pound or until internal temp of chicken reaches 180-185.
Based Chicken with broth every 30 minutes.
Let chicken stand for 10 minutes before carving.
*original recipe calls for 1 7-8 pound Roasting Chicken, I can't find a chicken that big so I just use 2 but as you can tell this could easily be adjusted for 1 chicken.*
I really like this recipe, the chicken has a great taste and it easy to do!
Our Sunday was quiet, the sun was shining and the temp began to warm up. We went to church. G had his new, very shiny Scriptures. He read them all through Church, beginning at the front with Genesis.
Way to go G!
Along with G's new 'DS' I got a Brain Age challenge game. I took my brain age challenge on Friday scored at 74 (!) meaning that my brain age was 74! I was able to improve my brain age to a 54 yesterday, I got W to take the challenge and he scored a 57 (!) Yeah (?), I beat him by 3 years, then hubby came in and got a 42!
"Just how can this be!"
We then got the stacking cups out! I got the quickest time! Yeah for MOM! I wasn't very humble about my winning times and quickly found myself playing alone!
"What kind of mother am I?"
I'm sure there will be re-challenges and brain age testing again. They can't let their mother win!

No comments: