Sunday, November 16, 2008

Adventures in Subbing #9 & #10

#9 ~

I've subbed this week in a kindergarten class. It's always fun to be in kindergarten, they are for the most part eager to please. My name is always a challenge for them, since they are in kindergarten, it's really useless to write it on the board, this is true sometimes in 1st grade also. So I introduce myself and then they either ask and ask, "what's your name?" or usually my name gets shorten to "Mrs Ham". Once one students calls me that, then they all do! So I've been Mrs Ham most of this week.

#10 ~
While I was in this kindergarten class, there was this noise from the hall way. The kids from the High school were coming for the recycling. There were a 3 little girls from my class that started in whispers "ooo, listen the high schoolers are here", then the excitement flowed through the class, "the high schoolers are here", " the high schoolers are here!" I just stood there amazed at their excitement at this noise. I even had one little boy say, 'you know my dad is a highschooler!" At that I went out into the hall, called THE HIGH SCHOOLERS into the classroom, and introduced them. This little kindergarten class was SO excited to have seen the high schooler. When 'high schoolers' left, one of the little girls that had started the whispers told me, "that was SO exciting seeing the Highschoolers."

1 comment:

Karies place said...

LOL highschoolers huh. :)