Monday, November 17, 2008

Things I've learned in the past few days......

*Tetanus shots are given at the Walgreen's Take Care clinic

*W gave blood for the first time.

*I can stay home an entire Saturday.

*Our temple will be completed in 3 years.

*Our ER gets busy every Saturday at 5.
(didn't go but called and that's what they told me)

* The kitties leave nose prints on the windows.

*they recommend that people at the age of 60 get a DPT shot (whooping cough is still out there)

*something I was reminded of .... When I give blood they always tell me when we were all babies 98% of us were expose to this virus (I can't remember the letters now), OR maybe I should say all of you were exposed, I, for some reason wasn't exposed. I am part of the 2% that doesn't walk around with this virus. Thus this virus isn't in my blood, and my blood goes straight to the children's hospital to be given to babies! This fact is always my motivator for giving blood, there are babies that need my blood.

*When I give blood now, I do the ALYX machine. It takes whole blood from my body, separates it into red blood cells and plasma, takes 2 pints of red blood cells but puts the plasma back into my body. It takes 2x as long but it's worth it. REMEMBER the babies!

No comments: