Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Web Wednesday!

4 President.org.

this website jogs your memory!

1984
I can remember voting for Regan Bush when I was in College. I sent off for my absentee ballot, went to the local court house and voted in front of someone. They then certified it I mailed it back. I think I was only person I knew of voting (out of my friends). The ballot came with the a piece of Styrofoam for me to put behind my ballot to help punch the 'chad' (as I now know they are called).

1988
I can't recall voting, I'm sure I did, but I don't know where it would have been. I mean I know where I was living, just can't recall the voting place.

1992
I stood in line for 2.5 hours, at a local middle school. The line went in and out of rows of lockers, down the hall and out the door! It was mind boggingly crowded when the classes changed.

1998
W and I went to see Dole at a rally! it was exciting! I voted at the same place as before but I didn't have to wait SO long, I believe only an hour.

2000
I now live where I live where I did then.... We go to vote in a little one room school house. I went during the day not crowded AT ALL. I do remember getting on my knees in prayer over the outcome of this election. I also remember thinking that we'd never hear the name of the President-elect on the same night any more ... too many legal technicalities to have it announced the same night. I can remember when I was little that they'd announce the president-elect before the west coast polls were closed.

2004
I waited in the little one room school house for 40 minutes, by the way this little school house is in the middle of no where, no parking lot just a grassy patch, and up until recently no ramp (we pulled hubby up in 2000).

2008
I voted early! the whole process took MAYBE 6 minutes and that was mostly the discussion my choice with G!

1 comment:

Karies place said...

I don't remember too much of my past voting, but I do remember that it didn't take too long. The longest maybe was 5 min.

Karie