Monday, January 10, 2011

Random things and Snow

*finally Good news on the medical/financial end of things. W has some gum receeding on a couple of teeth. Our dentist thought it was a condition that happens to people that have had braces and sent him to a Periodonist. If needed the Periodonist would do a small skin graft to the area. NOT NEEDED! The Periodonist thought the receeding was from gritting and clinching his teeth and thought the dentist could just fit him for a mouth piece to keep this from progressing. For once something that didn't require alot of money and surgery to fix!
Maybe 2011 will be our year for good health!

*I signed up to walk my 1/2 marathon. The date is rapidly approaching! PANIC! If you're interested in this, it's all on the workout blog!

*G's Basketball season has started up. They start up really before Christmas break, but it's just one practice and one game then the break so it just doesn't seem right. Now they've started up for good! They lost their first game by quite a bit. G plays with 5th & 6th graders. There is a big difference between 5 grade boys and 6 grade boys in size and talent! G is the smallest player that I've seen thus far. He got knocked around quite a bit but he didn't seem to mind. He didn't mind until Sunday morning when he was sore all over!

*it snowed Monday morning and all day. I don't know how much is out there, but enough. They never cancel school in our district, but they did Monday and Tuesday. I was surprised, since we'd gone in much worst weather in the pass. I suppose it was cancelled since they now have so many walkers.

* I'm creating and teaching a lesson at church in February. I think it will be on HOPE and JOY. Just wish it was already written!

*I will not watch the Bachelor this time! I will NOT, I WILL NOT! I've already watched this guy, he had his chance and he blew it! I WILL NOT WATCH!

* It's cold. This morning when I got up (around 7) the thermostat was -0.4. They say tomorrow will be much colder! If they cancelled for walkers (which I don't know if that was the reason I just speculate) then why don't they cancel for sub zero temperature?

No comments: