Monday, April 11, 2011

Sunday Thoughts

I had spent the past few days just pondering a situation in my life, trying to make a decision about a relationship that didn't seem to be on the right path. Not only was I feeling that it wasn't on the right path but I was beginning to wonder if it was dragging me into a dark place.

I really really had decided it was time to cut my ties in this relationship. It would be much easier to be the kind of person that I wanted to be and the kind of person that I thought my Father in Heaven wanted me to be IF I cut my ties with this relationship. I also just plain wanted to be like them .... MEAN!

I knew it would be difficult journey while cutting the ties but I also knew I'd be fine in the long run.

I was sitting in Church today when it came to me loud and clear..... I needed to revisit a set of scriptures that I hadn't visited in a while. I opened my scriptures to ones I had prompted to and found my answer.

(in the Book of Mormon, Alma chp 34)

in verse 40 "......I would exhort you to have patience and that ye bear patience and that ye bear with all manner of afflictions; that ye do not revile against those who do cast you out ......., lest ye become sinners like unto them"

well, I can't be MEAN right back now can I??

verse 41: "But that ye have patience (now I've been told to have patience twice!) and bear with those afflictions with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions"

There was my answer, I needed to stay in the relationship and have not just HOPE but firm HOPE that someday I will be able to rest.

There was also a message in verse 39 ... ".....I exhort you, my brethren, that ye be watchful unto prayer continually...."

And there was my answer to how I was to have FIRM HOPE, prayer continually.

I'm so thankful for a Father in Heaven that loves me!

No comments: