Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sunday Thoughts

I love the 2 talks today in church there were several points that jotted down.....

*Anytime you find yourself negotiating with the Lord you need to repent!
There are times in our lives that we don't understand why we're going through certain situations (or others around us), but maybe it's just so we'll know exactly "who saved us". I do believe that we are placed in situations sometimes as a trial. The Lord does this so we'll have the chance to turn to Him, to rely on Him, to stop trying to handle it all ourselves and ask for His help.

Questions to ask ourselves .....
*Are you better person now? better than 5 years ago? 10 years ago?

As I sat in Sunday School, I pulled out my scriptures. Attached to my scriptures was my almost expired Temple Recommend. I unattached it and put it back in my bag. A few minutes later I pulled out a pen from my bag. Attached to that pen was my almost expired Temple Recommend. I unattached it, put it back in my bag and went on. Several minutes later I went to pick up my phone and stuck in my phone was that same almost expired Temple Recommend. I decided to act on the obvious promptings .... it was time to get the almost expired Temple Recommend renewed.

It took a few minutes to get that temple Recommend interview (see note that end to understand this process) arranged. I sat in the interview that I'd been in several times in my life, with the same out come, getting my temple recommend renewed. At the end of the interview process that man asking the recommend questions stopped and told me "I don't know what's going on in your life and I don't need to know but I want you to know that I've been prompted to tell you, that the Lord is aware of everything going on in your life and wants you to know that you're not alone." (see here for a bit more of this)

As you might well image, I had tears in my eye but so did the man holding the interview.

Once again, I knew my Father in Heaven Loves me and just how he goes about making sure I know it!

** Temple Interviews. We believe in modern day Temples, we believe that they are the house(s) of the Lord on this earth. We go there for further instructions on how be more Christlike, and to be closer to our Father in Heaven. To do all of these things we believe that we must be accountable to certain guidelines (ie: Our belief in Jesus Christ and in Our Heaven Father, our honesty, our modesty, our commitment to obey our baptismal covenants etc). In order to go into the temple we are questioned about our worthiness to go inside this House of the Lord.



OH OH and look at the temple that is being built in our area.


It should be done by this time next year!

No comments: