Saturday, May 21, 2011

Crappie Fishing with Grandpa

A couple of weeks ago G and I finally caught up with Grandpa for some Crappie fishin' ......


It was a beautiful day and the fish were biting ..... somewhat!



G finally got brave enough to hold his own fish!









Grandpa still had to get the hook out!





Grandpa introduced G to fishing for Crappie with minnows and a bobber.

Grandpa had luck with this but G couldn't ever get his to the boat!





I didn't realize how many layers this boy had on!

We were only there for a few hours and through these pictures

it seems that G had several wardrobe changes!



I sat in the boat reading and just generally enjoying the beauty of the day.

I sat with my legs propped up on the side of the boat.

I waited until my legs had a bit of pink before applying sunscreen on.

I guess I missed a large portion of my calf ...... they were bright PURPLE the next day!


I couldn't even think about shaving my legs for days!






No comments: