Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Hazel Mae!

I thought that today was my Grandma Rice's 87th Birthday but I just discovered it was yesterday! oops! I have alot of appreciation for my Grandma Rice, first her love of mowing the yard. I can remember going to her house on Saturday afternoons and she'd be just finishing up mowing, the smell of the freshly cut yard and her shoes were grass stained. I must get my love of mowing the yard from her. My Grandma Rice taught me to tie my shoes. I can remember going to her house (on main street next door to our house), she got a piece of yarn out and wrapped it around her leg. I sat on the floor while she showed me how and then I practiced on her leg while she sat there crocheting. Another early memory I had was of her sitting on her back porch shaking a big jar of milk, making butter, my uncle Gary came home with had bad sunburn, she stopped got out the vinegar and sponged him down with vinegar. I can smell it now! Happy Birthday Grandma, I love you!

No comments: