Monday, March 17, 2008

What's for supper?

For supper we had Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Broccoli, Carrot sticks, and my super simple potatoes.
This is a recipe that I created (that's why it's super simple) a few years ago that is my "go to" thing with I have no time to do anything else. They taste alot like fried Potatoes, but not fried, but still nice and crispy!

Super Simple Potatoes
Potatoes ( I like to use Red but any kind will do) peeled or unpeeled
Olive oil
Parmesan cheese
Paula Deen's seasoning* to taste
cut the potatoes in to wedges
coat with olive oil
sprinkle with cheese and seasonings
I put it a large ziploc bag and toss it all together
can put in the refrig until ready to bake.
Preheat the oven to 425 to 450
(screaming hot as Rachael Ray would say)
Place the pan that you're going to cook potatoes on in the oven to preheat also.
I cook my on a pizza stone.
Drain any excess juices/oil off of the potatoes
(can clip the corner of the bag and drain)
put on to preheated stone/pan.
cook at the high temp for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350 for 20 more minutes.
you can turn the potatoes after the first 10 minutes.

Paula Deen's Seasoning

1 cup salt

1/4 cup black pepper

1/4 garlic powder

Mix together and store in an airtight container

I use this on tons of things, chicken, roast, potatoes.

If you're going to salt and pepper something you could use this instead!

No comments: