Friday, March 21, 2008

Let there be light!

For several weeks my laundry room light as been flickering (it's a florescent light). Made it feel like I was doing the laundry in a disco! I changed the lights in it, it stopped flickering but stopped working. Hubby finally chimed in saying that he thought the ballast needed to be changed. I got the numbers and set off to Home Depot! As I was driving home with my purchases I wondered how much a new light would have cost. My 2 ballast were $20 a piece. I delayed working on the light several days, but finally gave in since my amusement of doing the laundry in pitch dark was GONE! LONG GONE! I'd gotten the wrong ballast! I asked hubby how much he thought a new light would cost...... long story being cut short -- returned $40 of ballast for a $37 light!
Just how can this be?
The whole is cheaper than the sum of it's parts!

Also got the new bathroom lights ~ I'm so excited to get those up! I'll go work on those now ~ it is last chance Friday after all!

OK got the new vanity lights in I love them! Still having trouble with the track lights. Who knew that replacing a white track light with a black track light isn't exactly the same. Once again,
Just how can this be?

No comments: