Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Gasp Sputter, Just how can THIS be?

I just got my new calendar/planner (you know July through Dec 09), and I was filling it out last night. Unfortunately there is already plenty on it! I got to the point where I was putting birthdays on it........that's when it hit....... An instant heart stopping event! I checked the date, I calculated the years, it just couldn't be right, I must have been doing something wrong. 2009 minus 1991 just CAN'T be 18. NO, I'll do it again............

W will be 18 on his next birthday!
go ahead you can do the math, but it's true!

I can handle the Senior status that he has, I can handle the 'college mail' he gets, I can handle the fact that he graduates HS in the spring, I've GOT ALL OF THAT COVER but being 18! This I didn't see coming!

When I mentioned my little revelation this morning to W he reminded me that he is one of the youngest and all of his friends were either already 18 or about to turn 18. I think the first turned 18 just after W's 17 b'day! I told them that I was fine with THEM turning 18 but not my baby!

The shell shock is mostly gone,
I think I'll be OK but
JUST HOW CAN THIS BE?

No comments: