Thursday, September 11, 2008

He Played in the BOX!

sorry no pictures ~
I didn't think I could snap pictures, and hold the umbrella all at the same time!
I'm so thrilled! W is a natural at playing keeper! It shows every minute he is playing in the Box, he's not afraid to hit the ground, he knows he is in command of the field and does it with ease, and the other players (both teams) have a lot of respect for him and his ability.

When he started this season he wanted to play the field, he wanted to get out of the box and move. He's good but he's doesn't stand out. He stands out as a Keeper!

Tonight when I walked up to the field there he was in his red keeper jersey! I just beamed with excitement, this was going to be good game. W didn't disappoint! He stretched that long body out several times to save the ball. Yes, he's a muddy mess but I don't care!

His coach told me after the game that W is a college keeper, he's not (yet) a college field player. I couldn't agree more.

TWIST in this story of which I'm not sure what to think about yet.

W and hubby went to watch our niece play Volleyball at a college close by Tuesday evening. As W walked in he was approached by the college football coach, who they preceded to question him about several things, if he was a student of the college, where he went to HS, did he play football . When W told him that he played HS soccer, he coach got excited telling W that " he wouldn't ever recruit another HS kicker he was only going with HS soccer players." He told W to start kicking a football and then video tape it and send it to him!"

We personally know of a couple of soccer kids that have gone this route ~ one being W's current HS coach.

There are a lot more football scholarships (for a lot more $) than the soccer scholarships!

FOOTBALL? really! I don't know if this mother's heart and nerves can handle that!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And you have Julie to thank! LOL.

Shelly said...

YES! and if this works out for the best I'll thank her BUT if I'm too stressed at Football games well..... she's in trouble!