Monday, September 15, 2008

More Details on Friday.

Last Friday it was warm, very warm and rainy.

G and I raced home to get something ready for the post office. We left for the Post Office at 4:45 (they close at 5).

G is talking constantly about how a tornado could hit our house! This is a constant with him while it rains. I finally I had had enough of his stress, I strongly tell him that it's September and we aren't having a tornado, IT'S JUST RAIN!"

Well, as I pull off of our gravel road I look to the west and there is a very ominous cloud that makes me wonder about the anti-tornado remark I'd just made to G!

We get to town just in time to hear the storm sirens go off! G is processing this and talking through it all in the back seat. Finally working himself into a nervous tizzy! Literally shaking. We get to the Post office just before closing but now I have to continue north for another errand.

We stop at a friend's house to get a weather report and we'll be heading right in the storm's path. The storm is moving quickly so I decide that I'll go but I'll travel slow!

G is still in his tizzy ~ but I convince him that we're storm chasing and for him to watch to see if he can find a tornado! This works perfectly. He was so into watching for tornadoes that he wasn't nervous anymore. Well, we completed the errand and headed home safe....... BUT now I have a upset little boy ~ he hadn't seen a tornado!

I just can't win!

No comments: