Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cub Scout Wednesday

Yea, the rain has held off , or at least this far (I suppose it could down pour in the next 3 hours). This is the Prairie ya know ... I should be able to see the rain'a comin'.

Tonight we're going fishin' ! and boy are they excited. One of the cubs over heard me setting things up (with the owner of the pond) at church on Sunday. The word travel through the church and the cubs like wild fire. It's the difference between little boys and a 40 something woman.... I would have liked to see rain (it's only an hour, I can watch 5 little boys fish and untangle fishin' line for an hour), and they think I'm giving them the moon! They are so excited!

Do you think I'll have time to teach them the Andy and Opie whistle song?

UPDATE ~ the boys had a blast ... they caught a total of 4 fish. Everybody wanted to catch a fish but my smallest (and youngest) cub wanted it so badly. He went the hour getting small little nibbles but no fish UNTIL we were packing up to leave. They were goofy off, just casting in the shallow edge when he caught a fish!
Here is the evening in pictures ~
Getting the night crawlers ......
Walking down to the pond.....



Getting everyone settled in....

Settled in .....
G's catch, a stick!
(He kept saying
"Mom, you don't have to take a picture of this, it's not a fish!")

No comments: