Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Just How can This Be?

I called my adult son, W today to see if he wanted to have lunch with me. He did, it took him FOREVER to get there and when he did he had his buddies, Logan and Michael with him. Not a problem just added more laughter and merriment to lunch.

We all got fortune cookies when we were still at the table. Logan's said something like "be prepared for the unexpected".

As I was paying the cashier offered us another fortune cookie, Logan who happened to be walking by heard her and took another cookie out the large bowl of cookies.

As I walked out the boys were pulling out of the parking spot, I heard Logan yell, "what the h***?" and noticed his puzzled look on his face. As they pulled be me, I asked him what was wrong.

He'd gotten the exact same fortune "Be prepared for the unexpected." I then told him to buckle up!

I've eaten Chinese all my adult life and never had the same fortune! Just how can this be?

No comments: