Friday, March 19, 2010

Spicey Honey Chicken .... mmmm mmmm!

I just sent this recipe to a friend that is making a recipe book and I realized that I'd never given it here! Shame on me, cuz it's mighty good!

Spicy Honey Chicken
2 T oil
rub ~
2 t granulated garlic
2 t chili powder
1/2 t onion powder
1/2 t coriander (I couldn't find this so I don't put it in)
1 t kosher salt
1 t cumin
1/2 t chipotle chili powder
**for extra heat increase chipotle or add ground red pepper

8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (can be made with chicken breast but not as good)

Glaze
1/2 c honey
1 T cider Vinegar

Use kitchen shears to trim off any excess fat from chicken. Pat dry. Drizzle oil over chicken and rub with your hands to make sure you lightly cover the entire piece. Then toss the chicken in the rub mixture (cover all of the chicken) Grill the chicken a few minutes on each side until cooked through.

While chicken is cooking, warm honey in the microwave so it's not so thick. (reserve 2T honey) Add vinegar and combine well and brush on chicken (both sides) in the final minutes of grilling. Brush with remaining honey before you serve!

** it's going to make a mess but it worth it! simply because you're putting honey on the grill not a mess anywhere else! **

I've also made this in the oven, it's tasty from there too!
oven at 400 and I bast the chicken about mid way through and then again at the end.

No comments: