Friday, February 6, 2009

Conversations with G

this week I have 2 very interesting conversations with G........

#1 ~
G ~ "Mom, what games did you play with when you were little."
Me ~"we didn't have video games, or computers. I watched TV." "But our TV was only 3 channels"...."and not cartoon channels."
G ~ looking quite serious didn't reply right away but finally said, "I'm so sorry, Mom."
Me ~ not sure that we were still on the same subject "what are you sorry for."
G ~ "that you had such a bad time when you were little."
We then had a little conversation about how I didn't know any better, because I'd ever had anything else. I could tell by the look on his face he still felt so sorry for me!

#2
Tonight after we left the HS we drove through town. We commented on how there were so many cars at the local Applebees.
G~"well, alot of people go out to eat on Friday nights, because that's the day everyone gets paid."
Mom ~ "Everyone gets paid on Friday?"
G~ "yea, everyone gets paid on Friday and then they go spend it."
Mom ~ "Dad doesn't get paid on Friday and I don't get paid on Friday."
G~ "Really when do you get paid?
Mom ~ "Dad gets paid once a month and I get paid once a month."
G ~ "really? Well, that would mean that Dad gets paid alot of money, since it's just once a month. Dad would have to get paid at least $100 if it's only once a month. Because $100 is alot more than $50"
Mom ~ ??????

No comments: