Monday, February 9, 2009

Sweets for your sweets Recipe!

Years ago I made a bazillion of these as Christmas gifts! I nibbled and nibbled as I made them so by the time I was finished I swore I'd NEVER eat one again. This year a friend of mine made these and gave them out for Valentine's! I was so blessed to get a bag! They are scrumptious!

Wait, what about a picture? you say!
I say.... OH, that's funny they're already gone!

Here is the recipe anyway.....

Candied Pecans
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg white
1 tablespoon cold water
1 pound pecan halves

Mix sugar, cinnamon and salt until well blended.
Beat egg white and water with fork until frothy.
Pour over pecans and stir well until all pecans are covered.
Pour sugar mixture over pecans and stir until all the sugar
has coated the pecans.
Spread on a cookie sheet and bake at 225 for one hour, stirring occasionally.
Makes one pound.

Wait is that PEE-can or pee-KON? I once heard a cooking instructor say.... a PEE-can is something you pee in so we should always say pee-KON! Well, if that didn't teach you something it certainly gave you a visual when you hear someone say PEE-can!

Enjoy!

No comments: