Friday, February 20, 2009

a Series of Unfortunate Events

You know those books for kids "A Series of Unfortunate Events"? Where the kids are just repeatedly hit with tragic or well..... Unfortunate Events?

I'm beginning to think I'm a child in those books this week. Fortunately for me, none of the events this week have been tragic, but they have been ..... let's just say annoying!

Sunday W and I jumped in the Yukon and started out of the drive, down the gravel road and then set off on the Highway only to find that they transmission was gone.... well... going. We turned around and headed back home.

Monday I spent all day telling W that he needed to drive the 'kon in to the Mechanic and ride home with hubby. W fussed all day that he didn't think he could drive it just 30 mph! I replied to this "I don't think that'll be a problem, since 30 mph was all it was going to go!" When he and his buddy LT left home, the rest of the gears continued to go, including reverse. They quickly (attempted) to turn around (finally using a large portion of prairie) and headed back home in Neutral! yea, we still don't understand that! Just How Can This Be?

The Yukon is home sitting safely in the driveway! We're still scratching our heads at this one! Do you think I could plant flowers around it?!

Then this morning the kitties appear for their morning affirmation (lovin') at the back window. Only Sophie's left eye was shut.... this goes on for hours. I let her in to watch her, she's just lost (she is usually the prowler and she just sits still), can't get her eye open, won't wash it (she will once, but then quickly stops) ~ it hurts! I finally call the vet (you know I was convinced that our money loving animal days were over). Take her in....by the time we're ready to leave, it's open alittle bit and she's more active (will now purr a little) but not much more. By the time I'm sitting in the Vet's reception area (is that what you call it?) her eye is completely open but looks bad, BUT she's peed in her box (she does this when she gets nervous)!

I'm sitting there trying of comfort her (talking to her through the box) when she decides to clean off her paws so she flicks her paw and sprays me with pee! Shirt, arm, glasses, face......(Heavy sigh) NASTY. Now usually I don't care (about the over whelming animal presence of the the vet's office) because I don't EVER shower before going to the vet, well....today I was freshly showered but now covered with cat pee! JUST HOW CAN THIS BE? OK I'll stop but will add that she purred when she got out of the box on the vet's table! Rotten cat! to shorten this story.... she scratched her cornea (I don't think she'd had popcorn) and maybe deeper.

You know I could have named this post .... watching $ flow out the door!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Oh my gosh, you're not kidding! Well, maybe you're just getting all the unfortunate events out of the way in one fell swoop to make room for the fortunate ones! Let's hope!