Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cub Scout Wednesday .....

Tonight we are finishing up our Jurassic theme... putting the finishing touches on our Dino hats, looking at how our fossils (from last week) turned out and then putting the finishing touches on our volcanoes.

I made the volcanoes ... or maybe I should call them Mount Solo ... out of solo cups, with a film canister in the bottom filled with plaster paris. I needed to make them early so they'd be dry by tonight. When I cut the cups off of the plaster paris there was the 'solo' logo going right up the side of Mount Solo (hence the name) tonight the boys will paint the lava streams on them and we'll cause them to erupt! Baking soda and vinegar with a touch of red food coloring for effect!

The weather is good so this will be a perfect night to be outside again.... I'd better go and make sure I find and get the paint brushes in the van! I don't think painting with felt again will be good!

No comments: