Saturday, April 18, 2009

Thursday's Track meet.....


I was in Wal-mart (at 3:05) getting a couple of snacks for G and I when I got a text from W. It said he was in the "3rd heat".... the next text..... "the 3rd heat was stacked with his team so they'd do well today." WHAT .... the track meet had already started......Just how can this be? (in track meets the field events usually start 3:30)

I was at least 30 minutes away and I still had 20 minutes until I could pick up G... and the track meet had started......

I rushed out of Wal-mart only to wait in the car line to get G... then rushed to the track meet.

You know I'd really wanted to not go to this track meet.... really just lazy.... but I was thinking of all things I could be doing, and does it really matter to W if I'm there or not? Well, I kept getting text about "Where are you, mom?" I knew he wanted me there.... I love that! I was getting updates on how much time I had until he was jumping.... but then just as I'm sitting at the last stop light in town I get the text.... "Never mind I'm jumping" WHAT did that mean?

Well, he scratched on that jump! That's what he gets for jumping without his mom there! .....actually the official was a bit whacked....alot of people were scratching and as I watched....alot of got good jumps even if their toe was over....?????

W and A with their GQ looks!

W ended up with a Long jump of 19 feet 8 inches and 41' 7 1/2"

which put him in 4th (1/4 " behind #3)

1 comment:

Karies place said...

What studs lol.

Yep, just need the mom there to do the job right, :)