Monday, April 20, 2009

I love Pink ....

Pink Depression Glass that is ......
this time last year I had a bit more than a half a shelf of Pink Depression Glass, that I'd gotten from my mom. Then when my friend Susan died I purchased her Pink Depression glass and filled the rest of the shelf.

I was content, I was good with what I had, it filled a shelf, I was done!

That is UNTIL last Saturday evening.... my friend Iris called, she had 3 pieces
and would I want them?
My contentment flew out the window, as I found myself saying,
"of course I'd take them."
The 'hand off' happened at church , when my yet another friend, Stephanie asked me what was in the bag.....when I told her, she exclaimed,
"I thought you were done collecting Pink glass!"
When I shrugged my shoulders and said
"it's only 3 pieces and Iris needed to get rid of them"
you know it was a favor for Iris.....
That's when it happened....
Stephanie said, "I have 2 boxes of pink depression glass for you if you're collecting again!"
.... Long story somewhat less long......

I now have 2 shelves of Pink Depression glass,
and I'm in love with it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your collection is beautiful and
very interesting.
I look forward to being able to
see it, up close.

You are a lucky lady to have such
generous friends.
This speaks volumes for you. Mom