Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday thoughts

This weekend was General Conference. This is a time (every 6 mos) where we are given counsel and inspiration from our prophet and apostles. I look at it as a time to over fill my cup! Actually and honestly I think it's difficult to take it all in in two days, so I record each day and watch them and ponder them over the next couple of weeks. I was able to listen to both sessions today but didn't have my note pad with me. I can think of a couple of talks that I'll watching tomorrow!

Our Prophet, Thomas Monson talked about the times, and how people are in a panic. His encouragement to us was to remain positive and grateful. It's all in our attitude.

Some of you may thing this is too Pollyanna-ish, but we have been instructed for years to prepare for times of economic difficulty (for example food storage, 3 mos of cash, no debt). To learn more about how to be prepared, you can go here.


the notes that I took from President Monson's ending remarks ....
We should .....
...Strive for gospel perfection
...pray always
...pray for our children to grow in faith
...pray for our children to grow into a live of goodness
Caution...
Satan seeks to tear us down
internet is filled with good and bad (evil and degrading)
avoid bad (evil and degrading) at all cost

Be strong
Be clean

1 comment:

Karies place said...

I think they know a lot of people are starting to feel the pinch, and just want to give us the reminder that others have had it harder than us, so we just need to get on our knees and pray.