Tuesday, July 13, 2010

2010 Book Review # 6,#7,#8

#6 Glass Castles by Jeannette Walls
5 out of 5


Hated this book for the first few pages, thought my aunt was crazy for ever loving it and then suggesting it to me!?! BUT then once I let go of the actions of the characters I fell in love with them and was captivated by their lives . The lesson I got out of this is just that ...Once I let them be them I fell in love with them.

#7 Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls
5 out of 5


This book was written after Glass Castles, but occurs before it. Make sense, I don't know if it really mattered which way you read them but maybe it'd make alittle more sense to read this book first (of which I didn't). Glass Castles is a true story (from the authors memories) where as this book is a "true life novel". The author takes the stories she'd heard as a child and filled them out. I think I could say I like the writing style of Ms Walls, it's captivating and enjoyable.

#8 Bleachers by John Grisham
4 out of 5

This a really really quick read, and as I started it I just kept thinking it was a 'man's story', but by the time I got involved in it, it was a man's story with a coming into reality moment. I think any of us can relate to this book. Living in the glory days of High School, then the let down of real life. Just that some of us have more glory than others and some of us have more let down than others.

No comments: