Tuesday, July 22, 2008

SPT ~ Grass

july 1 sun
july 8 water
july 15 shade
july 22 grass
july 29 ice cream

My original thought was going to be about how wonderful it feels to wiggle your toes in the grass and how one time I'd had my youngest son's doctor tell him to always wear shoes outside in the summer time. I called him on that and told him part of summer was going bare footed in the summer time. Feeling the grass in between your toes.
But then something has happened here this summer that has become more and more evident hitting it's peak this morning! My 17 year old son is a mower! He loves to mow the grass! I can't really get him to do anything else without a fight!

Earlier this summer our old mower died, we gave him the assignment of picking out a new mower THAT is what set him off. He sometimes mows the grass 2 times a week now, whether it needs it or not.


Yesterday he spent his day creating his own soccer field mowing the hay field. The rest of the yard didn't need to be mowed so he stopped with the hay field. **He even got the mower dusty so he washed it** that just cracked me up! I tried for a picture of that but he caught me before I could snap it. This morning when I got back home there he was out on the mower, mowing the rest of the grass.
Then he's planting grass to make the "soccer field" perfect!


To see what others thought of Grass

to check out Lelly's blog

12 comments:

Rebekah said...

holy lawn, lady! and i think you could make millions if you sold your secret for raising a son that loves to mow. that's awesome that he's dedicated to his little project.

Unknown said...

i can't wait until my son is old enough to be a mower!!

GREAT looking lawn :)

Anonymous said...

Sign me up for a son like that!

Sarah said...

Wow! I guess you never know what they will turn out to love. I hope my kids love it when they are older. What a beautiful yard you have.

Jeanette said...

What a great kid you've got there!

Rachael said...

Can I have your back yard please...and your son to take care of it?

Lene said...

It is the beauty of a riding mower.
I love mowing my sister's yard when we are visiting just so I can use her riding mower. I know weird.

Bren's Life said...

Hey if I was a kid too & could drive a lawn mower instead of pushing it, that'd be fun.. I can't believe how much lawn you have. You have more than our entire block put together...

Chris said...

Can't complain about someone wanting to mow the lawn. :-) He is welcome to mow ours anytime.

MaryRC said...

if only they could be so motivated in all things, how great is he!!

Alisa said...

wow-
Just how long does it take him to mow?
What a great deal you have!

Shelly said...

We don't mow ALL of that green in the picture. Just past the 'fort' is the end of the yard. The rest is a hay field but the hay has been baled and it's just a bit longer than the yard grass now, it looks so pretty.

To mow our entire yard on a riding mower takes just under 3 hours.

I love living in the country, especially when I have a mower.