Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SPT ~ Shade

july 1 sun
july 8 water
july 15 shade
july 22 grass
july 29 ice cream


Shade is a rare and precious thing here on the prairie. At my house there is very little shade that doesn't come from the house it shelf. I live in a beautiful but wide open space.
I thought about following the dog around to see where he finds shade but then thought of how I didn't really want to go the places he goes for shade. I finally decided to go with the shade the house produces in early evening. My back deck. I have a couple of super comfy chairs there and then add my favorite read of the moment and That's the shade (THE ONLY shade) I enjoy at home.

To see what others thought of Shade go see Lelly

10 comments:

Rebekah said...

it seems that so many of the spt-ers live in places where shade is at a premium. i laughed at the part about following your dog around. too funny!

Sarah said...

That is a beautiful wide-open space. How relaxing to sit in the shade on your deck reading a book. I would love it!

Lene said...

Yeah - I don't think I want to follow the dog around looking for shady places. But they do find the best places to rest.
Your deck looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else's comment...I love you deck. It's so pretty.
Have a shady day!

Unknown said...

i hadn't even thought of the shade that our house provides. very creative!

Bren's Life said...

Looks so pretty on your praire.. It would be nice to sit out & read a nice book. I can see trees in the distant so why don't you plant trees around your house for shade? Just wondering?

Jeanette said...

Love your deck it looks like a great place to curl up with a book.

Courtney said...

You didn't want to follow the dog around? I love that shady deck of yours!

Shelly said...

I DO have a few trees (or should I say "tree-lets") in the front yard by it's tiny shade not relaxing shade. I think the dog does lay in that shade sometimes. He fits ~ I don't.

Dacia said...

How nice to have a back shaded deck. And to sit there reading a book must be devine!