Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hump Day Updates


Well, as you can tell my computer time is being zapped up by W. His last day of school was Monday and that's the last time I have time to post!

G's week has been eventful. On Monday they visited their new school. This is the same school where he plays basketball in the winter so he was already familiar with it and in G's mind he didn't need the tour. Along with the tour of a classroom, the library, he got to play on their playground that has a lot of brand new and fun things, but was most impressed with the thought that they'd be doing shuttle runs the long way in the new gym!

G had field day (1/2 day) on Tuesday. The weather was perfect, sunny, warm with a breeze. I thought it was chilly but then I wasn't running around. They played tug of war,

Sponge Races

Gunny Sack Races

Drip Drip Drench

(similar to Duck Duck Goose only with a wet sponge)

and ended with races on the track.

They were worn out and hungry when I left at noon!

W hasn't been as busy this past week. He opted out of all of his finals, a privilege he got since he'd done so well on his standardized test, so that made his last day on Monday. He has signed up for play for a soccer tournament team this summer. They've been practicing without him until track season was over. He got to practice with them finally on Monday evening.

He slept late on Tuesday, got on the computer until he left for the mall, and to the movies that evening.

Today he went to clean out his locker and amazingly brought home 2 duffel bags full of stuff!?

Just how can this be?

I haven't seem the contents of the bags and I'm not sure I want to!

He doesn't have a summer job yet and he doesn't seem too worried about it (unlike the rest of us in the house)! His $ will run out soon enough.

There is a great picture of W in today paper. It's from the Blue Jean Concert last week, but I can't find the picture on their website. I'll keep looking!

No comments: