Thursday, May 15, 2008

WOW what a day!

Left home at 7:45am because today is
THE big 2nd Grade field trip Day!
The 3 buses took the students to the Stadium

over an hour away!

We weren't the only school there.

This is just one parking lot filled with buses! The morning was filled with fun stuff

Science experiments, weather experiments and facts, and the helicopter flew in

just lots of fun stuff.

G with his friends at lunch

then back into the stadium for the ball game

along with 21,000 other students!

We were WAY up at the top

just 10 rows from the top The little girl that sat next to me kept commenting

just how small the men were.

There were trips up and down the stairs, climbing over people

for the bathroom, cotton candy, snow cones, bathrooms, nachos, hot dogs, bathrooms

Not just for G and I but for the all 4 of my children I was in charge of!

I didn't miss my workout today!

We got back at 6pm!

I didn't lose any of the children I was in charge of ~ that's always a plus. The weather was great for the game and we were in the shade (the plus of being SO high), so no burnt kids!

It was a great day!

When we got back to the school we had an hour to get to W's Concert that gave G and I just enough time to grab supper at Subway and head to the auditorium.

We then watched the High School's Blue Jean Concert. This is the end of the year FUN concert where the graduating seniors sing solos, or senior groups along with the choirs. W's Madrigal group had wanted to sing their favorite "Tambur" one last time but the director didn't put it on the schedule! One of the senior boys gave up his solo so they could all sing it together one last time. There wasn't a Madrigal parent in the crowd with a dry eye.

got home at 9:30pm because

we'd done it all!

No comments: