Monday, August 25, 2008

How much can one book cost?

Hubby if you're reading this you can just skip this entry. Trust me!
This summer I purchased a book from the Friends of the Library. A Danielle Steele book that I'd never seen before, I paid $6. I thought this was alot since everything else I was buying was 50 cents or $1. I tucked it away for a time when I didn't have anything to read.
About a month ago I saw a new Danielle Steele book on the shelf at the Library, I checked it out. It was one of those new books that had limited check out time. I didn't get it read in the first check out time, but the nice Librarian let me check it out again. I didn't start it until the day it was due, so I knew that it was going to be late and there would be a fine. Today when chatting with my mom, I was telling her how much I enjoyed the weekend with this book, it was written different than her other books. I then told her about the book I had stashed away. I went to look and found the very same book I'd just read! I was so disappointed. I thought I had another book to enjoy! Oh, well.
I went to return my late book paid the 60 cents. Went out to the car to leave and couldn't find my keys. HEAVY SIGH.
Hubby if you're reading this STOP NOW!
Called the man in town that opens car. When he arrives he says, "They told you this was going to cost $25 cash, didn't they?" No "they" (I had talked to that man) didn't tell me that When I told him that I would pay him, but I needed to get my son from school asap and I'd pay him later. He motioned that the bank was just across the street, while doing nothing to get my keys. I mentioned that I would need in my car before I could get his $. This process was LONG. I'm not so sure that he was absolutely sober. He reeked of something. I got my keys, he got his $ and Stephanie got G from school.
Now just how much did this book (or a combination of the books) cost me?
$6 original price
60 cent fine for being late.
$25 dollars to leave
oh and $2.50 to ship the book to the next reader!~
I believe this Friends of the Library book (that I didn't read) cost a total of $34.10.
I'll be pass a hat around for donations.
Hubby if you're still reading this ...... you were warned!

No comments: