Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cub Scout Wednesday

OK, tonight I didn't plan enough. I have a mixture of boys, half are typical rowdy boys. The other half are more quiet, serious and more studious.

Well the latter half wasn't there tonight!

The Theme for tonight was "When I grow up" I started by pulling different types of job tools out of my box (ie: stethoscope, dental mirror, hammer, calculator, etc) we discussed all the type of jobs you could have with these tools. It got quite silly ....remember the more serious boys weren't there!

Then we moved to doing a word search with different jobs... G loves doing word searches! Well, the other boys weren't into being quiet so we finally had to make this a competition by separating the boys and telling them that the first one done got a prize next week. The element of competition was the trick! This quieted the silliness down and they got to work. Little G came out the winner very quickly ( I saw this coming... I'm telling you he loves a good word search).

We were able to stretch it out a few more minutes but it was clearly too short for these boys!

No comments: