Monday, March 16, 2009

The Reader

Heavy Sigh!

I thought this book was OK. I really, really wanted to like this book but I don't think I ever really ever got connected to these characters. I think that was the purpose of Hanna to remain unconnected. I don't think I was suppose to get connected to her, she was there in a major way, she was illusive and she seemed distant to me.

Only in the very end (and I don't want to ruin by giving the end away) did I feel a connection and understanding of her. Once again, I wonder if that's what the author wanted.

I'm a very visual person and a book has to draw a picture for me and this book just didn't do that for me. It's short; 218 pages, so that didn't give it much time to pull me in and help me see them.

Let me know ~ who wants to read it next?

No comments: