Monday, March 23, 2009

My new favorite hang out!

Today as I walked the grocery isles. I stopped in breakfast food isle to restock (after spring break all the cupboards are bare). As I was reaching for a box of Dinosaur egg oatmeal. An slightly older lady (with a baby in her cart) asked me "what do kids eat?" I said that mine liked these (dinosaur eggs) and showed her some other types they like. She motioned to the baby in her cart and said, "she has decided that she's done with baby food and gran'ma doesn't know what to feed her."

I mentioned some other things that my boys had liked (yogurt), but when she mentioned some 'baby yogurt' I said something like "when my boys were little they didn't have all that 'baby stuff'.

She turned to me, and stammered but finally said, "Can I ask how just how old you are?"

I said "45" (I didn't think it was too mature to say 44 2/3)

"OH, my you don't look it" Yay, I'll say that again ... "oh, my you don't look it" again ... "oh,my you don't look it" again.......

I'll be hangin' out right there in front of the Dinosaur Egg Oatmeal all week!

Especially around April 25 when my oldest baby turns 18.... yep, that's where I'll be! If you need me I think it's Isle 5.

AND NO she wasn't blind! I know some of you are thinking that. I'm sure she had PERFECT vision!

1 comment:

Karies place said...

That was so nice of her. And I have to agree, from your photo you don't look that old.