Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday thoughts

I found little nuggets of "trials" in the talks today.

*Our purpose in life is be tested
*if we pass the test we gain blessings
*Heavenly Father doesn't create challenges or trials but he allows them occur
*our challenge is how we react to trial
**Trials are like getting a shot, we all prefer not to get it but if we can handle a small amount of pain then the result is life long safety (or blessings)

*We should be thankful for our trials
*We should be thankful for everything "are we thankful for the ability to Blink?" we should be.

*through the atonement we never bear our burdens (trials) alone.

As the Closing Hymn we sang "Rock of Ages" talk about haven't heard in ages, and it transporting me back ages! I can remember singing this standing between my grandparents when I was little!

1 comment:

Karies place said...

Very well put. And I love your photo. You are very pretty.