Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Brrr

I'll post about tonight's track meet
(the first and appropriately named "the Snowball Relays")
when I've thawed out!
I stood outside for 3 3/4 hours. It was about 43 degrees with a strong wind. As I have learned once you're frozen, you might as well just be out side because you really can't feel it anymore! Or at least that's what I kept telling myself!
I got home just before 8 and it was around 2am before
I found myself warm enough to kick the blankets off!
OH, the track meet stuff.... you want to hear about THAT!?

Long Jump

This is a big track meet (people wise), basically everyone gets to go and their place/time at the end of the night places them on Varsity or Junior Varsity.

W was very anxious to jump. After working out all winter he
felt like he could do great things jumping this year.

He placed 4th in the Long Jump

(an event that he hasn't done in a couple of years andNEVER jumped that far or placed this high)

with a 19' 9"

Then had a disappointing triple jump with 36 something
(he scratched his first and last attempt so he only got one good jump)

He placed 7th

No comments: