Tuesday, August 11, 2009

the Ringing of the phone now scares him!

Yesterday we had a storm move through, it had the potential to be severe but all it did was rain really hard (a couple of inches in less than an hour).

A friend of mine called to tell me that the storm was coming. She knew I was out running around be didn't realize I was so far away. She told me that she'd gotten a phone call from the Sheriff's office telling her of the potentially severe weather. Neither of us had ever gotten that kind of phone call, so we were surprised.

I thought that was nice, but wondered if I'd gotten a phone call. When we arrived home, G went to get the phone messages ..... one from his bus driver (she'll be around at 6:55AM ~ GASP!) and one recorded message from the sheriff's office warning us about potentially severe weather.

This caused me to ponder if we would be getting this call in the middle of the night?!? and then concern about this phone ringing in the middle of the night. Especially when all we got was hard rain, I don't want be awaken for hard rain!

Fast forward to this morning, someone called for hubby at 7:30. This caused G to come running to see who it was and if it was the Sheriff's office !

No comments: