Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Adventures in Subbing #11

Subbing this week has been bitter sweet.
I really couldn't image that I'd be teaching this week, with all teachers have to do the week before the end of the quarter.
I received a call early Monday morning asking if I could clear my schedule and teach a Kindergarten class all week.
Sadly and tragically their teacher's husband was killed last weekend in a car wreck.
The principal had called all their parents before Monday morning so I didn't have any questions, just little sweet girls telling me that they knew why I was there and not Mrs A.
I can now see why people teach. When you're only in a classroom for a day or two, it's ciaos and sometimes a bumpy ride (I could write a book about the "Misadventures in Subbing"!)~ but a week in kindergarten~ it's fun.
AND NOT just any week but the week before Christmas no less!
This post is also to tell you that ~
If you're expecting a Christmas gift from me I haven't gotten it yet!
If you're expecting a Christmas card from me I haven't mailed it yet!
BUT I have next week, RIGHT?
that is IF I don't get the cold, or strep, or any other ailment
going around in this little fun kindergarten class!

No comments: