Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve 2008

We've had a nice relaxing Christmas eve. We woke up to a small amount of snow (maybe an inch) and the blowing wind. We traveled to hubby's brother's home. Hubby's mom was there for the holidays.

W giving Granny a goodbye hug!

I just love this picture

don't pay attention to the date... I don't know what's happening there, but it was 12/24/08 trust me!

Then G, hubby and I headed to Bass Pro Shop for a bit of gun shooting!

Well, at their pretend shooting range. We all did quite well, if I say so myself!

I've made all the things I need to make for dinner tomorrow, so I'm set up now.

I always struggle with Christmas eve supper. I want something special but due to time it just doesn't ever seem to work out. This year was no different. I seemed to work (for this year at least) we had Shrimp, G's favorite cocktail meat balls, little pigs in a blanket, and tamales (a lady at hubby's work makes them) along with every ones favorite jumbo Black Olives.

G has begged to open a present every hour today! He always get to open Christmas PJs and he's so excited for them this year. He got to pick them out. They are Christmas footie pajamas. When he saw them in the store he just laughed, I suppose he'd never seen them before. He's never had these because of this LONG legs. I"m just hoping that they fit....he's so excited to get to wear them!

I'll post a picture in the morning.

I have to tell you that I was shocked and amused..... he didn't know how to put them on. I heard the struggle but when I looked.... he had put them on backwards... the zipper in the back. I have failed in my attempt to mother this boy with the footie PJs. I quickly taught the lesson and now he is joyfully hopping around the house in his footie PJs!

The letter to Santa is written,

Dear Santa, First of all we all hope that you like the Oreos. We have been good this year. We hope you have a great Christmas. We didn't have time to put reindeer food in the yard, so tell the reindeer I said sorry and next year we well get some. Please write back, Sincerely, and he signed of our names.

the cookies (Oreos, G's favorite) are setting out and I"m ready for bed! I'm not sure anyone else is but I'm pooped!

No comments: