Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Meet Baby Roy

W became a father of Baby Roy (yes he named him) today after school and is in charge of him until 7:30am tomorrow morning. W has a monitor bracelet on that prevents him from passing Baby Roy off to anyone else (ME!). He said that he could have gotten me a bracelet to wear for a 2 hour time period (something tells me that before dawn, he's going to wish he had gotten the extra bracelet).

Baby Roy cries when he needs to be feed, changed, picked up, or burped. You have to be careful not to "break" Baby Roy's neck (of which I've already done once)!

W isn't having fun and is a bit stressed just at the fact that Baby Roy could start crying at any minute! Fortunately, Baby Roy isn't noise sensitive.

When I got home from cub scouts ~ hubby reported (without being asked) that "things hadn't gone well while I was gone!" Which I thought was funny since I couldn't make anything any better even if I'd been here!

I should have known this was going to be stressful for W when I read/signed the permission paper. There was a whole side of instructions and warning about sleep deprivation. How to not let MY child drive if they've not gotten enough sleep, and how they are not to drive while taking care of the baby, etc.

2 comments:

Karies place said...

lol good experience for the future. :)

Anonymous said...

What a surprise to hear about the baby at your house and its difficult to imagine W as a daddy.
I have read about these programs and always thought this to be a great teaching tool. I guess it is stressful, as well.
Congratulations on living thru
the ordeal and be glad the baby has moved on to a new family! GG