Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

"I had just settled down for a long winter's nap" ~ at 12:30 am ~

Round 1~ There was a little boy (G), tugging on my arm,
"Mom, I can't sleep, I'm WAY to excited."
with my eyes darting to the clock ~ surely it wasn't 6:30 (the time we all agreed would be a good time to get up) already ~ I felt like I'd just gone to bed.... it was 4:30am
"G, you have to go back to sleep"

He crawls in bed with me and does finally fall asleep ~ not that I would know because I was asleep before the climbing over me was done.

Round 2 ~ 5:30am

"Mom, I'm way too excited to sleep anymore. I'm going into my bed and going to read books."
"NO, just go back to sleep."
he was off and back to his bed.

round 3 ~ 6:29am
"Mom, it's time, I'm going to get W up!"

so we were all up....with one extreme excited boy, and 3 others that were trying to open their eyes and gain excitement.

We all opened our gifts, had fun, assembled, and played.

We had our traditional Christmas breakfast ~ cinnamon rolls and breakfast casserole.

Then we settled into our new 'toys' (W ~ an xbox 360, G ~ his AT-TE star wars and bajillion figurines, hubby ~ into his hot wheels, his sport book, and his new clothes, and me ~ into my new electronic keyboard).

I then slipped away to finish my long winter's nap and by some miracle all the boys went down stairs to play so the upstairs was quiet!

Around 5pm we sat down to our traditional Christmas dinner of Ham, layered salad, rolls, twice baked potatoes, and green beans.

It's also our tradition to stay in our PJ's all day ~ G gave up on his footie pjs after a couple of hours for his regular pjs. Saying that the footie were too slippery!

I have tons of pictures but right now, that just seems like too much effort on my part!

No comments: