Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The big Green proverbial Elephant in the room

Yesterday was a get down and get things down day.

Balance the check book ~ done
Move $ around ~ moved to today
make a couple of doctor's appointments ~ one done one to go
Laundry ~ almost done
packets ~ some done, some more today
supper ~ done
Call Social Security ~ done
check on Granny's strawberries ~ done
Pay the bills ~ done
Clean up after Christmas ~ Almost done. It was impossible with all the Nerf bullets and a zillions and zillions of Star War figures, I made a deal with G. He could move it all to the hall way (behind the couch), if I didn't have to step over it or see it then it was good. Still with those moved things just seemed cluttered..... I finally got it.... the big green elephant in the room had to go! The Christmas tree MUST come down!

When I told W that he needed to be around when I started (you know for the tall stuff) he gave me a shocked look and stated "Mom, Christmas isn't over yet!" with no feeling at all.... I stated that "it was and the tree had to come down before I left again!"

I got this concerned look again from W when I came in carrying the Christmas gnome. He'll thank me in April when we don't still have the Christmas tree up!

Gotta run... I just remembered there are Christmas lights around a tree outside..... they must GO!

UPDATE ~ the green elephant is now laying in parts in the floor (I don't which is worst the laying all over or the not started yet) waiting for W to decide that I'm right and he needs to carry it up the stairs! The outside is successfully de-Christmas-ed

1 comment:

Karies place said...

I haven't had the "urge" to take mine down yet. Probably will New Year's Day or the day after. My problem is, I don't have much to add to the walls once the decorations are down. Guess I'll have to do something about that then. Hmm hee hee