Friday, January 16, 2009

adventures in subbing #13

Goodness what an afternoon!

First of all I was asked to only work a half day, but just any half day, FRIDAY afternoon half day and not just FRIDAY afternoon but a FRIDAY afternoon with snow on the ground half day! I wasn't looking forward to this at all. The kids were going to be wild! I just kept tell myself it was only 3 hours, I can do anything for 3 hours!

I get into the class room at 11:55, was met by the teacher with her coat on her arm and her keys in hand. I apologized for cutting it close, she being very sweet said it was "no, problem" she was headed off to Indiana to hug her grandchildren! AND that there was a Student teacher in the classroom so all I needed to do was sit there and do crowd control!

WHAT? did I hear her correct? Student Teacher, sit there, crowd control? As I stood there trying to register what had just been said, I saw this young girl in front of the class. I could have swore she had an aura around her ..... a Student teacher aura. It was true I had a student teacher and all I had to do was sit there and do crowd control.

Even the crowd control turned out to be nothing. It seems that the 4th grade do their 'specials' (out of the classroom classes in the afternoon). These students were in the classroom for about 45 minutes this afternoon. Here I'll do the math for you I get paid $95 per day, half day $42.50. So I made just under a dollar a minute today! Well, not really but for teacher student time I did!

I like Friday afternoons after all!

1 comment:

Karies place said...

WOW!! That would be nice.