Sunday, January 18, 2009

thoughts from Sunday

Today we were all late for church. Usually hubby and G leave ahead of W and I getting 'our' seats but today we all left at the same time thus losing 'our' seats!

Don't those people know that those seats have our hinney's impressions in them!?

We sat in the foyer, in the most comfortable seats!

Sitting in the foyer is always a challenge for me. I'm a visual person making it difficult to focus on a speaker that I can't see. I like to focus on what I can see ~ the children playing on the other side of the foyer!

The talks were focused on the atonement, and the first man discussed learning to see ourselves as the Lord see us. What a challenge that is! He talked about what we may think is the most perfect body may not (quite possibly isn't) what the Lord thinks is our most perfect body. He told us he thought his perfect body would be a 6' 4" 235 pounds with 6% body fat and not the 5' 7 3/4" that he was!

We have a young man (19) that is leaving this week for Mexico on his Mission. He was excited to go out and share the gospel with the people of Mexico.

This Sunday also was a challenge because of my double duty. I had to do things with both the Relief Society Secretary and the Cub Scout Leader. I felt like I was running around just trying to get things done today. This Sunday wasn't they typical and next week will be better.

No comments: