Thursday, January 22, 2009

Adventures in Subbing #14

Yes, it's January but the weather was a balmy 65 degrees with a light southerly breeze! It was wonderful.

AND yes, I had recess duty.

I would say that I have recess duty 95 % of the time that I sub! It's even gotten to the stage that it's laughable, if I'm subbing then they must have recess duty.

I've been out to recess when it's blistering hot and when it's bitterly cold. The schools sit up on a hill so there is always a breeze (and sometimes breeze is putting it calmly!)

TODAY it was wonderful I was so excited to go outside this afternoon! We let them have a few minutes extra but when the rest of the kindergartner teachers came to lead them inside, they decided that that we could stay out longer! So we did, it was beautiful! Today makes up for the entire week I subbed with the weather too cold (wind chill under 25) to have outside recess.

Cold and flu season is here and it's beginning to hit the schools ~ As soon I walked in I was approached by another teacher asking if I was available to sub for her tomorrow! It not the teacher's so much but they all have sick children!

AND it seems to be everything, colds, pukey flu, high fevers, strep, you name it some one's got it. Maybe we should have a lottery to pick the date I come down with it!

No comments: