Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday thoughts

I really enjoy going to church so I can refocus my life spiritually week to week. Today the economic situation of our temporal life came to light in our church services. Today the talks and lessons were focused on our temporal welfare in the coming months and years.

These are my notes from today's meetings.
*The grime economic situation is real and will effect all of us to some degree
*Love each other as Christ loves us
*Fast offering should be generous
*fast offering is a measure of gratitude
*Fasting with prayer vs. going hungry
*We, as church members will not be immune from economic crisis
*challenge vs. opportunities
*"every trial you pass through is necessary for your salvation" Brigham Young
*during a crisis .... we need to have.... Faith in the Lord, Hope things will get better, and act responsible for our situation.
*in times in crisis do as often as we can ... serve others, attend the temple, give charity.

What I need to do....
Make and stick with a budget
work as much as I can
shop wisely
look for ways to eliminate the unnecessary

No comments: