Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Holding on to the past....


This is hubby's favorite sweatshirt!
(Notice the stained collar and the holes in the sleeve?)


I believe it's about 13 years old. Hubby also has a 'Maryland' sweatshirt that I bought when little W and I went to visit my brother in Baltimore (when W was 2). I know that this sweatshirt is 'newer' than that sweatshirt. These two sweatshirts are the last heavy sweatshirts that hubby got that are made out of 'real' sweatshirt material.
For years hubby would ask for sweatshirts every Christmas only to reject them when they were lined with fleece. I finally figured out that he didn't understand, sweatshirts aren't made out of sweatshirt material anymore!

Every year I cringe when this sweatshirt makes it's appearance. That cringe came around last Saturday morning as we were getting ready for G's ball game. I found hubby clipping off the strings from the worn out spots!
Oh, well even a 50 something year old man can have a security blanket!

No comments: