Sunday, November 22, 2009

Yummy Dinner

Tonight I tried 2 new recipes ... yea, I'm livin' risky these days.

Shredded Roast Beef Sandwiches ~
3-4 lb. lean rump roast (ask them to trim fat off, or if packaged, you can trim yourself)
2 tsp. salt, divided
4 garlic cloves
2 tsp. Parmesan cheese, divided
12 oz. can beef broth
1 tsp. dried oregano

1. Place roast in slow cooker. Cut 4 slits in top of roast. Fill each slit with 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 garlic clove and 1/2 tsp. of Parmesan.
2. Pour broth over meat and sprinkle with oregano.
3. Cover. Cook on low (preferred) for 10-12 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
4. Remove meat and shred. Serve on buns with meat juices on the side (I just put some of the juices on top of the meat on the sandwich. I also like it with thinly sliced cheddar cheese.

Also, I sometimes cut the meat into chunks and/or begin shredding it an hour or 2 before it's done cooking so it can continue cooking in the juices).

CrockPot Baked Potatoes ~

Scrub potatoes
Soak potatoes overnight in water with sea salt
Poke holes in potatoes
Coat potatoes with olive oil
Stand potatoes up in crock pot on their ends
DO NOT ADD WATER to the crock pot
Put lid on crock pot
Cook on high for four hours

OK, I'm not sure why you'd have to cook your baked potatoes in the crockpot in the first place but I suppose if you were going to be gone for just 4 hours this would be great. I also have a setting on my oven that would turn itself on and I could do Potatoes that way also. AND then there's the fact that I already had a smaller crockpot so 4 baker Potatoes fit perfectly on their ends. Well, at least if you find yourself in need of cooking Baked Potatoes in your crockpot you now know how.

No comments: