Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 Book Review #1 "Same Kind of Different as Me"

When I started reading Same Kind of Different as Me I thought it was a totally different book as when I finished it. Somewhere in the middle it took a turn for even better.
The combination of Ron Hall and Denver Moore is wonderful. One I found myself in and the other I found myself wanting to be.
This book certainly gets a 5 out of 5 stars from me.
quotes from the book .....
"I'll have to think about that"
this quote made me realize that somethings
(most things) should given more time to be thought about
"Catch and Release"
What kind of person am I?
"It is good"
I need to remember this one
"Just get out of the way and let God do His thing"
Stop worrying over things
"I worried that I was so different from them that we wadn't ever gon' have no kind a' future. But I found out everybody's different - same kind of different as me."
this one says it all
I recently read the notes of someone that had heard
Mr Moore and Mr Hall speak a stand out quote from her notes .
"Some people are Bible readers
and some people are Bible Doers"
wow if that doesn't give you something to think about!?

No comments: