Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Thoughts

Well today was a long time coming. We hadn't had church due to weather issues for 2 weeks plus it marked a change.

Let me start off by saying that in our church we don't build buildings for all of our congregations. Thus we share buildings. Our building had only one congregation in it for umpteen years (since the 1980's). When we moved in 12 years ago we meet at 10am and continued at that time until last summer when we moved to 9am. That's when we added another congregation to our building. Today marked the first time our congregation met starting at 12:30pm.

WOW! this threw off my 'getting ready clock". Actually moving the time to 9am threw it off, but it just meant that it was chop chop, quick, quick all Sunday morning. Now it's quite the opposite. I got up, wandered around, showered, wandered around, blew my hair dry, more wandering, worked on my hair, wandered, put my jewelry on, ...... it was a long drawn out morning. AND it was still NOT time to leave. I felt like I could really relate to the Israelites wandering the wilderness for 40 years.

Needless to say we got there on time, sat in the chapel. About half way through the meetings I was ready for a snack and a nap. Then when I got home fixed supper it was almost time to bed.

OK on to the message ... "Hope in Christ"
I didn't take notes today, but I know from my own experience that when I feel like there is no Hope, it's really depressing. I feel like I need Hope to function, to move forward, to keep positive. In Christ I find all of this, the ability to function, the ability to move forward and the ability to be positive.

No comments: